We are always looking for bright, motivated and experienced people who want to contribute and make a difference. We offer our employees the opportunity to work in a stimulating environment for a successful and growing company. We are currently looking for people for the following roles:
*No Agencies or Recruitment Consultants please.
Java Team Lead
Location: Hertford, Hertfordshire
Job Title: Java Team Lead
Job Type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: up to £70,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
Enactor is a successful and growing software company providing enterprise retail systems to leading UK, North American and European retailers. Enactor systems drive the in store, mobile and online channels that make up a modern retail organisation. Our standards-based software is backed up with an advanced process-based development toolkit that offers a genuinely new way of building applications.
As a fast growing company, we offer the opportunity to work with an experienced team of developers on a Java™ enterprise retail platform and service. We are truly unique in our opportunity to change the market by bringing complete in-store solutions together with SaaS services in an ever-changing mix. Projects will include phone and handheld development, Swing clients, web applications and web services all driven with our own process based development platform.
An experienced team leader with a minimum first/upper second degree (BSc) in Computer Science or Engineering. You will need strong core skills in Java™, JDBC, JSP SQL, MVC framework, Web Services, team leading and design. Ideally, you will be local to Hertford. You will be involved in the whole lifecycle development process.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 6 years experience in developing Java/J2EE systems of which at least 3 years should be in a team/technical leadership role
- Familiarity with J2EE application frameworks such as Spring, Struts etc.
- Expert level knowledge of Databases, JDBC, ORM, Web Technologies, SOA and Web Services
- Working knowledge of J2EE containers such as Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere or Weblogic.
- Experience in and passion for Agile methodologies – SCRUM Master or equivalent would be beneficial
- Experience in TDD/BDD
- Project management, leadership & problem solving skills
- Experience in Software Architecture, Design and writing technical specifications
- Experience working in and preferably leading distributed teams
- Exposure to Cloud based delivery, Containerisation and CI
- Some exposure to mobile development with Android or IOS would be an advantage
- Leading and organising a team of software developers
- Writing specifications and Converting functional specifications to technical specifications
- Working closely with Development Managers to create and execute development plans
- Designing and coding technical solutions
- Performance evaluation and management of team members
- Reviewing and continuously improving the development and testing processes and practices to guarantee on-time and high-quality delivery
- Training and mentoring team members
Please send your C.V. together with a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role to:
Natasha Breen – Office Administrator – email@example.com